Digital solutions are becoming increasingly popular for managing maintenance processes due to their numerous benefits over traditional methods. As traditional methods involve most common tools, as xls. files, pdf. forms and even "oldschool" paper, more companies start using digital solutions to improve their service and improve visibility in ones organization.
What are the main reasons companies explore digital solutions?
Well, there can be many as level of digitalisation in companies is at very different level. Some companies have long time ago already thought about digitalisation and have made this task top priority for in-house IT-development department. This is logical decision for these companies, as easy digital solutions bring clarity and visibility in daily work processes. Easy to use and good overview of work processes is a must be feature for nowadays device and property maintenance software.
On the other hand, some companies have not thought about digital solutions and thus are still tackling paper and oldschool data-intensive xls. files. All of this can have different outcomes, as data heavy xls. files can be very time consuming and annoying to fill in. Usually, information on paper tends to get lost on their way to office, too. Companies that have digital solutions in place tend to have advantage on the market. This can be better service, better communication with customers or something else.
After all, why companies use or should use digital solutions in device or property management? There are many different reasons, but most important are following:
- Improved efficiency: Digital solutions streamline maintenance processes, reducing the time and effort required to complete maintenance tasks. With digital solutions, maintenance teams can track work orders, schedule preventive maintenance, and manage inventory and assets in real-time, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
- Better device management: Digital solutions provide comprehensive device management capabilities, allowing maintenance teams to track the performance of devices and identify potential issues before they cause downtime. With real-time data on device condition, maintenance teams can make data-driven decisions and prioritize maintenance activities.
- Increased safety: Digital solutions provide safety features such as work order tracking, safety checklists, and maintenance history logs, reducing the risk of accidents and improving safety in the workplace.
- Cost savings: Digital solutions can help reduce maintenance costs by identifying issues early on and preventing costly downtime. With real-time data on asset performance and maintenance activities, maintenance teams can optimize their maintenance schedules and reduce unnecessary maintenance.
- Improved communication: Digital solutions provide centralized communication channels for maintenance teams, allowing for seamless collaboration and communication between team members. With digital solutions, maintenance teams can share information and insights in real-time, improving the speed and accuracy of decision-making.
- Transparency: Digital solutions provide greater transparency into maintenance processes. Property managers and tenants can see the status of maintenance requests and track the progress of repairs, which can reduce misunderstandings and disputes.
- Data-driven insights: Digital solutions can collect and analyze data on maintenance processes, providing property managers with insights into which maintenance tasks are most time-consuming or costly. This information can be used to optimize maintenance schedules and budgets.
Overall, this short list of possible benefits provides numerous advantages over traditional methods for managing maintenance processes, improving efficiency, safety, asset management, and cost savings.
Good news is that there are different digitizing programs, for example Estonian Business and Innovation Agency (EAS) Digitization Master Class program.
The EAS Digitalization Master Class is a program that aims to help identify those business processes and supply chains whose optimization has the greatest impact on the company's competitiveness. As a result, companies that join the program, will make a plan for the strategic development of the organization with the support of top trainers and personal mentors. As an end result, participants can select the most suitable digital solution and take the first steps to implement it. You can read more about this on EAS dedicated Master Class webpage, which can be found here.